Hello! I'm writing this in Fort Rucker, Alabama. I'm currently on hold in between courses at the U.S. Army's flight school, so I'm using my spare time to journal.
In May 2013 Rotary District 6330 awarded me a one year scholarship to earn my Masters in Latin American Studies from Oxford University. My primary focus during this year was to earn my Masters, but my spare time afforded me numerous opportunities to travel throughout Europe and beyond. I failed to recognize it at the time but I was incredibly blessed in countless ways. Most twenty-somethings dream of opportunities to study and travel like this, yet God allowed me to experience it. I did not keep a journal but I did take thousands of photos. Looking back, I want to permanently record these experiences while the memories are still mostly fresh. This isn't meant to be a blog for me to share a bunch on social media and count my hits; it's more like a personal diary I can share with loved ones.
My mom has always urged me to journal more, so this is especially for you mom. It would also be neat if my children and grandchildren found this blog one day and thought I was pretty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment